…and I don’t mean hungry for fun!
I have been an eating machine now for two days and so I thought I’d share my favorite meal (besides bacon).
Sometimes you’re just so hungry, you could eat a BASS.
Not this bass:
That stands for Big Ass Salad and they’re a staple invented by Mr. B-How himself. So I know what you’re wondering, “How the heck do you make a delicious BASS?” Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.
1) Get a ginormous bowl – preferably serving size.
2) Load it up with spring mix and spinach
3) Chop up at least a 1-2 cups of tomatoes – especially if you have access to someone with a garden.
4) Dice up 1/2 – 1 avocado.
5) Slice up as much (or as little) onion as you want.
6) Pour as much (or as little) dressing as you want.
7) Dump all those veggies together and mix.
8) Shred 1/2-1 breast of “Best Chicken Ever” and heat in microwave for ’bout a minute.
9) Cook yourself some oven fried bacon (or grab it out of the fridge because you’re a super planner and cooked it yesterday). Crumble as much (or as little) bacon as you want. I recommend 4-6 pieces.
10) EAT IT!!!!
No one can resist a delicious BASS. No one.
See below for all the recipes all of this could be made a head of time and would be a great lunch for work. Only warning is put something between you and stirring. I’ve learned my lesson and ruined several of shirts with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. : /
3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3/4 cup Balsamic vinegar, 1 TBS Garlic (we used the minced canned kind), 1 TBS oregano, 1/2 TBS sea salt, 1 TBS pepper.
Put in a can and shake before each use.
“Best Chicken Ever”
In a big bowl combine 2 lbs of chicken breasts, 4 Garlic cloves, 1 whole squeezy thing of lemon juice, 2 TBS of Italian seasoning, 3 TBS of olive oil (I feel like we do a lot more though), 1/2 TBS of sea salt, 1/2 TBS of black pepper.
Cover with cling wrap and let it sit at least 30 min. The longer the better – our best chicken sits overnight in the fridge. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, preheat oven to 400, stick those chickies in for about 40 min (cut open to check done-ness). Let’em cool and put them in the fridge for the week.
*Super Double Cooking Bonus – shred chicken instead of dicing for salad, it’s fancier and holds more dressing.
Oven Fried Bacon:
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum. Set oven to 400 degrees. Lay out bacon next to each other. Put in oven between 20-30 minutes depending on how crispy you like it. Take it out and immediately place strips on plate covered in paper towels to soak up excess grease. BOOM! Oven Fried Bacon. You can refrigerate for snacking or eating later